Monday, October 19, 2009

Words of Wisdom

Oh Garfield. So wise. Sorry to bring on the cheese, but I really do think of toasters when I think of "morning people" and popping out of bed.

I read this on wikipedia today, and it does site the Encyclopedia Britannica as its source:

The ability of a person to wake up effectively in the morning may be influenced by a gene called "Period 3". This gene comes in two forms, a "short" and a "long" variant. It seems to affect the person's preference for mornings or evenings. People who carry the long variant were over-represented as morning people, while the ones carrying the short variant were evening preference people.

Day 5 Got up at 7:20...but I did have to work, and wanted to go to church beforehand, so there was some incentive. I felt okay most of the day, but pretty worn out by evening. Went to bed the earliest so far, must have been around 10:45.

Day 6 Got up at...9. But I didn't feel like this was a fail. I had the day off today, and a lot of studying to get done, and I could tell that if I actually got up at 7 I was going to be a zombie all day, and be frustrated that I got nothing done. So it was a semi-conscious choice. And I got a lot of studying done, once I finally made it out of the house. I'll have to update the bedtime on this tomorrow...not sure if i'll be as tired going to bed tonight, which is a big piece of the puzzle I'd say.

No comments: