Saturday, July 31, 2010

Thoughts on mornings

As I re-read that last post below, it surprises me now that I would just find some source somewhere that says I could be genetically predispositioned to hate mornings. It's very antithetical to what I think about how much genetics have to rule our lives, and in this instance for sure, it's a total cop out. The more I read and think about everything that effects our entire beings, the less I believe we are just the sum of our parts, and slaves to our genetics. Certainly there can be times when genes override other things, but we have the power to change so much and give our bodies what they really need, that our first thought should never be, "oh I was just born this way"...victim mentality never helps. Especially when you consider that you are what you believe you are. The mental component is so strong that if I keep telling myself that I'm not a morning person, no matter what I do, I will sub-consciously (or even consciously) make sure that I never am.

So while I'm not ready to embrace the term "morning person", I have experienced waking up more rested and less groggy because of feeling more balanced energy-wise(through some techniques and things I will hopefully discuss later), eating better, and going to bed earlier...and when I can keep that up(which is not always and sometimes not often) I just feel better all around, and can also maintain a more positive outlook.

No comments: