Saturday, October 17, 2009

Days 3 and 4

Well, yesterday morn, Day 3, was the first day our heat was on when I woke up. Contrary to my original thought, this did not make it easier to get out of bed. I think I dozed between 7 and 7:45 when I finally got up. I may have actually felt a little less tired most of yesterday though. I don't remember wanting to curl up in a ball on the floor. :)
Going to bed last night was a complete fail. But in my defense, it was Friday night. Also, it should be made clear that alcohol isn't going to help with this experience, and I did have 2 drinks. So I went to bed at 1am.

This morning, also a fail. Snoozed and even reset the alarm. Managed to become upright at 10am. So if it takes 21 days to form a habit, does that mean tomorrow is day 1 again? Oy.

I will say this: I think another part of my reluctance to all of this is that I do think you should pay attention to what your body is telling you. And I've felt like mine was telling me to keep sleeping in the morning. But there's a difference between giving yourself what it needs(extra rest, some time to yourself, time for reflection), and imposing some discipline through routines. It can be hard to tell what's what. I have lived through a time in my life where I just pushed and pushed and never gave myself the time or the rest that I needed, and I'm protective of that now, because I don't want to get to that point again. But I think there's some room for balance. And I'm still calling tomorrow day 5.

No comments: