Thursday, October 2, 2008

Integers

I haven't posted because I've been learning things that are more like facts, than things you might want to hear about. Like this:

(+)(+)=+ (-)(-)=+ and (-)(+)= - !
(okay, so it was more like "re-learning")

Also, the parathyroid glands control calcium. And Aldosterone (a steroidal hormone produced by the adrenal cortex) controls sodium in the blood. These two things are going to be very important in understanding the scientific basis for the acid/alkaline eating philosophy, but I don't have all the pieces yet.

In the meanwhile, it got cold here. Feel free to post some yummy soup recipes...I'm craving the daily homemade varieties from The Garden...Pickle soup anyone?

2 comments:

inwatermleonsugar said...

I really miss The Garden. There's a Whole Foods around the corner from my house, but the staff mostly consists of jaded hipsters instead of surly Polish girls. It's just not the same...

Moirin said...

Three cheers for the garden. I found a recipe for pickle soup...I'll let you know how it goes. I had perogies tonight from a box! A box! boo!